Wednesday, December 1, 2010

THANKSGIVING

With thanksgiving just past, I thought it befitting to post this note/blog to show my appreciation and POSSIBLY encourage somebody out there that it is PERFECTLY alright and quite necessary to DREAM BIG, and trust in the Lordship of the Lord over your life.



I remember wondering as a little girl why God ha so MANY names. In Sunday school, we took a test over matching names to meanings, like Jehovah Shalom- Lord my Peace (Judges 6:24) ; Lord Tsidkenu- God my righteousness (Jer 23:6); Jehovah-Mekaddishkem Lord my sanctification(Ex 31:13) to name a few. As I got older I started to understand, at least for myself that in times of specific needs it is comforting to think of God in the applicable terms, EX: If I feel like Im losing my peace over a situation, I am comforted in the knowledge of Jehovah Shalom.





All that to make the point that during the Spring 2010 semester, I had to call on God, my father in a time of need.

REWIND! I always wanted to travel and I especially was interested in a study abroad program and the unique experience of that, so I decided that Summer 2010 I was going to Europe. How I would pay for it was not something I bothered myself with. As time got closer and deposits became due, I started thinking about different ways I would have to come up with the total sum, which by my calculations was around $4000.


**SIDE NOTE!** It was $4000 because separate from the London Study Abroad organized by the school, I wanted to take a detour and visit Paris (I’ve been taking French since high school, so it was ONLY proper that I visit the beautiful city of Paris), therefore increasing my cost!

I remember one afternoon thinking and playing with the calculator , I got a “revelation” about God. The fact that earthly fathers are given the duty of providing for their children, how much MORE, my heavenly father who calls me his precious daughter! DUH!!!!! So, from that point on, I STILL didn’t know how I was getting the money, but I knew my Father would make it happen!

OKAY to the MEAT OF THE STORY!

Through what can ONLY be divine intervention, I got the idea to start a facebook group to get people donate. I figured with what I had saved, If I could get 68 people to donate $25 to my study abroad trip, Europe 2010 would be a REALITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment