Wednesday, December 1, 2010

THANKSGIVING PT 2

The night after I made the group, I visited a friend’s church where the Pastor who has the gift of Prophecy (QUICK PLUG, CHECK out Global Impact Ministries, Humble TX) randomly picked me out and said “the School thing that’s not paid for, will be taken care of.”


With renewed confidence, I started inviting friends to the facebook group, and SLOWLY but surely, I got the first donor, and a few more, and then more, and some people went ABOVE and beyond. Like, I had a friend who donated $200!!!!!!!!!!! I remember the moment when I saw that donation, I burst into tears just realizing that this was SO GOD! Because there is an economic recession, and me in my own element is JUST not that amazing to have people dropping their HARD EARNED $$ for me to go to London!

ANYWAY through it all, God was just SHOWING OFF on Proverbs 21:1.
My dad had told me during Christmas break he was going to pay for my Flight, so WHEWWWWWWW, huge monkey off my back, I bought my ticket by March, I THINK! So, I was good to go! Anyway, the donations came in slowly, but, you know, 68 is a big number, and I probably still needed about 35people ($875) by the ONE MONTH TO EUROPE deadline.

FLIGHT LEAVING JUNE 7TH
Last week of school, AGAIN, ALL GOD, because to HIM alone does the glory belong. I decided to go to the Honors College end of semester non-mandatory mandatory meeting, lol. I didn’t have to go, but I had an hour to spare between class and work, so here I am in this meeting when the Director commented on having done an exquisite job of fundraising at our annual fundraiser, and the College had funds to SUPPORT students in summer escapades. And like a cartoon, all I saw was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. After the meeting, I spoke to him about my situation, and he told me what protocol I needed to follow.

All through this process, I had NO IDEA how much to expect, because they hadn’t said exactly how much $$$ the word “support” translates to. I found out they were giving me $700 like May 22nd, putting me at less than $200 from MY GOAL! HOW AMAZING!  ALL THE WAY!

SOMEHOW I came from needing $4000 to needing less than $200 which I did NOT mind putting on my credit card.
So as to end this lengthy story, I am so glad that I have a FATHER who canNOT and WILL NOT fail me, and I had an AMAZING time in Europe, Cant wait to return.

THAT IS ALL!

1 comment:

  1. wow AYO that;s so encouraging to me i want to go on a deaf mission trip to hondruas, work at KAA have to pay for summer school i need a new car AND i want to go on a mission trip to mexico this spring break, im working at my workstudy but that little money willnot get me where ineed to go but this is so encouraging and i've been holding true trusting that very fact that if God takes care of the birds, how much more will he take care of Me(: just like he did you. thanks so much for this sister(: love you

    ReplyDelete